Latest Methanobrevibacter smithii Stories
Brett Smith for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online Law enforcement has been using breathalyzers for years to protect the public from drunk drivers, but a new study from Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles suggests that breathalyzers might serve to protect certain people from doughnuts and other fatty foods. According to the study, which appeared in the“¯Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, someone with a higher body mass index (BMI) is associated with...
Microorganisms in the human gastrointestinal tract form an intricate, living fabric made up of some 500 to 1000 distinct bacterial species, (in addition to other microbes). Recently, researchers have begun to untangle the subtle role these diverse life forms play in maintaining health and regulating weight. In a new study appearing in the journal Nutrition in Clinical Practice, researcher Rosa Krajmalnik-Brown and her colleagues at the Swette Center for Environmental Biotechnology at...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.