Latest Methanosarcina Stories
Matt Shipman, North Carolina State University Researchers have long known that landfills produce methane, but had a hard time figuring out why "“ since landfills do not start out as a friendly environment for the organisms that produce methane. New research from North Carolina State University shows that one species of microbe is paving the way for other methane producers. Specifically, the researchers found that an anaerobic bacterium called Methanosarcina barkeri appears to be the key...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.