Metric tensor Reference Libraries
Spacetime -- In special relativity and general relativity, time and three-dimensional space are treated together as a single four-dimensional manifold called spacetime (alternatively, space-time; see below). A point in spacetime may be referred to as an event. Each event has four coordinates (t, x, y, z). Just as the x, y, z coordinates of a point depend on the axes one is using, so...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.