Latest Meyrin Stories
Peter Suciu for redOrbit.com – Your Universe Online The origins of the universe still remain very much of mystery, but a lucky few may get to take part in a special tweetup in Geneva next month at CERN, the European Laboratory for Particle Physics, and even get a behind-the-scenes preview in advance of CERN’s Open Days on Saturday September 28 and Sunday September 29. Between now and Sunday, September 8, CERN will select participants from a handful of @CERN Twitter followers, who...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.