Latest Michael E. Hellberg Stories
Brett Smith for redOrbit.com — Your Universe Online When Darwin first formed his theory of evolution, he noted how physical isolation due to geographic barriers could result in the development of specialized adaptations. These novel adaptations were then selected and passed on to future generations. Eventually a new species would evolve. While many researchers are focused on how physical barriers and isolation can lead to new species on land, a pair of LSU biologists are more...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.