Latest Michael Gottfried Stories
A new study published in the journal Nature Geoscience is suggesting that the human species may have taken much longer to evolve thanks to plate tectonics that changed Africa´s landscape millions of years before experts previously believed. Scientists from James Cook University, Ohio University, and Michigan State University said their findings show evidence that a major tectonic event occurred in East Africa as far back as 25 - 30 million years ago, reshaping large rivers such as the...
Climate change is having a more profound effect on alpine vegetation than at first anticipated, according to a study carried out by an international group of researchers and published in Nature Climate Change. The first ever pan-European study of changing mountain vegetation has found that some alpine meadows could disappear within the next few decades. Led by researchers from the Austrian Academy of Sciences and the University of Vienna, biologists from 13 different countries in Europe...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.