Latest Michael P. Lamb Stories
redOrbit Staff & Wire Reports - Your Universe Online The shared geological features found in U-shaped bedrock canyons both in south-central Idaho and on the surface of Mars are likely the result of massive floods, according to research appearing in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS). California Institute of Technology (Caltech) geology professor Michael P. Lamb and his colleagues explain that while there have been other explanations for the formation...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.