Latest Michaela Strachan Stories
By Gareth Edwards BEING best known for their foul-smelling defence mechanism has given the skunk a less than appealing public image. But staff at a Lothians zoo are predicting a baby of the species will soon have curious visitors pouring into the attraction. The little creature is a rare example of an albino skunk and stunned staff at Five Sisters Zoo in West Calder when he was pulled out of a litter of baby skunks. And the striking animal is set to become a TV star, after making...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.