Latest Microwave radiometer Stories
NASA has awarded a sole source contract to Ball Aerospace and Technology Corp. of Boulder, Colo., for the Global Precipitation Measurement Microwave Imager instrument Flight Unit 2. The Global Precipitation Measurement, or GPM, mission will use an international constellation of satellites to study global rain, snow and ice to better understand our climate, weather, and hydrometeorological processes. Under this contract, Ball Aerospace and Technology will manufacture, test and deliver the GMI...
NASA Administrator Charles Bolden and Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) President Keiji Tachikawa signed an agreement defining the terms of cooperation between the agencies on the Global Precipitation Measurement (GPM) mission. The ceremony took place Thursday at the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex. Building on the success of the NASA-JAXA Tropical Rainfall Measuring Mission (TRMM), GPM will begin the measurement of global precipitation, a key climate factor. It is an...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.