mid-Atlantic Reference Libraries
July 5, was an active day for severe weather with well over 400 wind damage reports extending from the Southeast all the way back into the Mid-Atlantic Region. The heat was present again in many places from the Gulf Coast northward into the Ohio River valley seeing temps surpass the 100F with Heat index values near 115F. This extreme heat needs to be taken seriously as it can have huge...
The American White Ibis (Eudocimus albus), is a species of ibis in the Threskiornithidae family. It occurs from the mid-Atlantic coast of the United States south through most of the New World tropics. Its habitat is marshy wetlands and pools near the coast. It also common in some city parks and on mowed grasses. Adults are 25 inches long with a 37.5 inch wingspan. They have all-white plumage...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.