Latest Mike Mihale Stories
By VERENA DOBNIK POINT LOOKOUT, N.Y. - The journey starts at the dock here, on Long Island, about an hour's drive east of Manhattan. And it all comes back to Point Lookout, too. The worn wooden dock is home to a fleet of three commercial trawlers, plus dozens of scallop and hook-and-line boats that go out into the cold Atlantic Ocean and return with the fruits of the wild, salty waters. The catch goes to seafood dealers near and far - or, delicately garnished, to the tables of swank New...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.