Latest Mike Schuck Stories
By FRASER, Bruce in Te Anau FIORDLAND rock lobsters and Fiordland fishermen are both thriving following the recovery of the species from a long decline. Fiordland Lobster Company chief executive officer Mike Schuck said that winter, the region's main fishing period, was going very well. Prices were high, catches were excellent and most fishermen had been able to upgrade or replace their boats. The resurgence of the lobster fishery had resulted in a 28 percent increase in the annual...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.