Latest Milas-Bodrum Airport Stories
By Neil Connor Birmingham International Airport received a major boost yesterday with the news that a major airline will commence services from the hub to Istanbul. The link up with national flag carrier Turkish Airlines will offer Midland travellers the first direct scheduled service to Istanbul from the region. The five weekly flights, which will begin on December 15, will provide onward flight opportunities within Turkey, the Middle East and the Far East, through Turkish Airlines...
A FAMILY thought they were heading for a holiday in Lanzarote until the plane landed and the hostess said: "Welcome to Turkey." Charles Coray, wife Tanya and daughter Phoebe, nine, were given the wrong boarding pass when they checked in at Cardiff International Airport. Instead of the Canary Islands, they found themselves in Bodrum airport, Turkey - 2,500 miles away. page 3 (c) 2008 Western Mail. Provided by ProQuest Information and Learning. All rights Reserved.
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.