Latest Millard West High School Stories
By Stu Pospisil, Omaha World-Herald, Neb. Dec. 2--In their own way on opposite sides of town, Phillip Bates of Omaha North and Kyle Wheeler of Millard South were put in charge of their teams. Bates operated a Viking offense that grew through the season to post nine wins, the most for the Ames Avenue school since 1961. Wheeler directed a Patriots defense that was key to an 11-1 record, the best ever for the Q Street school. During the season, each was a team captain. After the season,...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.