Quantcast

Latest Mine Stories

2009-09-08 06:30:00

Three Claims Encompass potential Down Dip and Strike Extensions of High Grade Mineralization VANCOUVER, Sept. 8 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ - Capstone Mining Corp. (CS: TSX) today announced that it and its wholly owned subsidiary, Capstone Gold SA de CV, have entered into a definitive agreement with Golden Minerals Company (AUM:TSX) of Golden Colorado whereby Capstone Gold will acquire three mineral claims immediately adjacent to its Cozamin Mine in Zacatecas State, Mexico. These three...

2009-06-01 06:15:00

8.1 million tonne Mineral Reserve Supports 8-year Mine Life Producing Average of 33 million lbs of Payable Copper/year VANCOUVER, June 1 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ - Capstone Mining Corp. (CS: TSX) today announced an updated life-of-mine plan ("LOM Plan") and mineral reserve estimate for the Cozamin Mine in Zacatecas State, Mexico. This LOM Plan incorporates the mineral resources in the San Roberto area announced on February 18, 2009 and is described in more detail in a Technical...

2008-10-20 09:00:28

Gravity West Mining Corp. (TSX VENTURE: GRW) is pleased to announce that it has received surface samples results of massive ilmenite samples from the Saint Urbain Titanium Project indicating average 42.08% Titanium Oxide (TiO2) and 52.73% Iron Oxide (Fe2O3) with a combined average of 94.81% iron and titanium oxides. The samples were collected during a reconnaissance fieldwork program carried out from August 11-15, 2008. The purpose of the fieldwork was to assess the potential of the property...

a1e827b456930fdc9d3b78403fbdec901
2008-09-09 10:45:00

Scientists studying arsenic pollution have discovered a living sensor that can spot contamination. They have also discovered new bacteria that can clean up arsenic spills even in previously untreatable cold areas, microbiologists heard today (Monday 8 September 2008) at the Society for General Microbiology's Autumn meeting being held this week at Trinity College, Dublin. The Giant Mine in Canada is in the sub-arctic. It contains over 230,000 tonnes of arsenic-containing dust, making it one of...

2008-03-31 18:00:39

RENO, NV, March 31 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Since inception, Silver Reserve Corp. has assembled 14 claim groups in the State of Nevada covering 853 claims. Eight of these Projects were former producers. Over the past year, the Company's efforts have been directed to the evaluation of these Projects through surface mapping, rock chip sampling, grid sampling and exploration drilling. These Projects, as described below; all have potential for development of a precious or base metal resource....


Latest Mine Reference Libraries

2012-06-15 07:00:46

Symbol: HEEA Group: Dicot Family: Saxifragaceae Duration: Perennial Growth Habit: Forb/herb Native Status: L48    N Distribution: County distributions for the following U.S. states are available at PLANTS:AZ Classification:       Kingdom   Plantae – Plants Subkingdom   Tracheobionta – Vascular plants Superdivision   Spermatophyta – Seed plants Division   Magnoliophyta – Flowering plants Class  ...

More Articles (1 articles) »
Word of the Day
barratry
  • The offense of persistently instigating lawsuits, typically groundless ones.
  • An unlawful breach of duty on the part of a ship's master or crew resulting in injury to the ship's owner.
  • Sale or purchase of positions in church or state.
This word ultimately comes from the Old French word 'barater,' to cheat.
Related