Mirror Reference Libraries
Spectrophobia is a kind of specific phobia involving a morbid fear of mirrors. Catoptrophobia is the fear of mirrors. This phobia is distinct from Eisoptrophobia, which is the fear of your own reflection. In general, an individual suffering from this phobia has been traumatized in an event where they believe they have seen or heard apparitions or ghosts. The individual could also become...
Adaptive Optics -- Adaptive optics is a technology to improve the performance of Earth-based telescopes, reversing the effect of atmospheric distortions. When light from a star or another astronomical object enters the Earth's atmosphere, the different temperature layers and different wind speeds distort and move the image in various ways (see seeing for a proper discussion). The net...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.