Latest Modesto Maidique Stories
MIAMI, Jan. 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, in its 104 year history, has honored accomplished leaders in the South Florida business community for the past 30 years. Some of the names, stalwarts in the community, include Hank Meyer, who was known as bringing President John Kennedy and Arthur Godfrey to Miami thereby launching the great tourism business for Miami; Alvah Chapman Jr., owner of Knight Ridder and founder of "We Will Rebuild" following devastating...
MIAMI, June 2 /PRNewswire/ -- The Green Family Foundation (GFF), a private, non-profit organization that supports social programs dedicated to improving community health and elevating universal socio-economic conditions, announced today a $10 million gift, including state match, to fund a community medicine program that is the cornerstone of Florida International University's College of Medicine. The gift is among the ten biggest ever made to FIU and is eligible for matching funds through...
Saturday, February 9, 2008, marked a significant milestone in the history of Florida International University's College of Business Administration as it celebrated the opening of its new business building complex at University Park with a ribbon-cutting ceremony and open house. "We now have a beautiful, state-of-the-art business building complex that can serve as a home not only for our current students, faculty, and staff, but also for our 25,000+ alumni and friends throughout South...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.