Mongolian Wild Ass Reference Libraries
The Mongolian Wild Ass (Equus hemionus hemionus), is a subspecies of the Onager. It is found in Mongolia and northern China, and was previously found in Kazakhstan before it became extinct due to hunting. The numbers in China and Mongolia are also vulnerable due to poaching and competition grazing. Numbers have dropped severely in the 1990s and by 2003 the total Mongolian population was...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.