Latest Monolith Stories
Researchers at the Nottingham Trent University have gathered new evidence that a 4000-year-old monolith was aligned to be an astronomical marker. The 2.2 meter high monument, located in the Peak District National Park, has a striking, right-angled triangular shape that slants up towards geographic south. The orientation and inclination of the slope is aligned to the altitude of the Sun at mid-summer. The researchers believe that the monolith was set in place to give symbolic meaning to the...
Auto Insurance Company will Cover the Service Charges on Monolith Festival Presale Tickets SAN FRANCISCO, June 16 /PRNewswire/ -- Esurance, the direct-to-consumer personal auto insurance company, announced it will pay the service charges associated with all Esurance Early Bird two-day tickets to the 2009 Monolith Festival presented by Esurance. Tickets will be sold exclusively online beginning today. More information can be found at: http://esurance.com/monolith "Esurance wants to show our...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.