Moon Pandora Reference Libraries
Saturn's moon Pandora -- Pandora [pan-DOR-uh] is the fourth of Saturn's known satellites. It was discovered from photographs taken by Voyager during its encounter with Saturn by S. Collins and others. Pandora is the outer shepherd satellite for Saturn's F-ring. It has a diameter of about 114 by 84 by 62 kilometers (71 by 52 by 38 miles) and appears to be very heavily cratered. The...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.