Latest Moshing Stories
LOS ANGELES, Sept. 15 /PRNewswire/ -- Pioneering metal band Anthrax, one of the genre's most influential, innovative and respected groups, melded the speed and fury of hardcore punk with the guitars and vocals of heavy metal to help create speed and thrash metal. Now what many consider the group's greatest album, 1987's Among The Living, has been expanded with bonus tracks and a concert DVD, and digitally remastered for the first time, for the CD+DVD package Among The Living (Deluxe...
Nokia put its customers in charge when it launched its Mosh networking Web site in 2007, allowing users to post any content they wish as part of the company's push into the delivery of new Internet services. Now, just two years later, the company is abandoning the site, which had attracted a wide global audience in contrast to some of its other fledgling services. Mosh is a basic website customized for use from any smartphone or feature phone, and can also be used from a PC. Users have...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.