Latest Mount Asama Stories
Japan's Mount Asama volcano erupted early Monday sending plumes of smoke more than one mile into the air and spreading ash over parts of Tokyo. So far, officials have reported no injuries related to the eruption that occurred just 90 miles northwest of the capital city. Ash was detected over a wide area, including central Tokyo and as far as eastern Chiba.The volcano previously erupted in August 2008. No major damage was reported during that blast either. Many residents were puzzled about the...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.