Latest Mount Kenya Stories
By CHARLES J. HANLEY, AP Special Correspondent NARO MORU, Kenya - Rivers of ice at the Equator "” foretold in the 2nd century, found in the 19th "” are now melting away in this new century, returning to the realm of lore and fading photographs. From mile-high Naro Moru, villagers have watched year by year as the great glaciers of Mount Kenya, glinting in the equatorial sun high above them, have retreated into shrunken white stains on the rocky shoulders of the 16,897-foot peak....
NYERI, Kenya (Reuters) - Rescuers have found the body of a U.S. tourist who died on Mount Kenya in heavy snow, the Kenya Wildlife Service said on Thursday. Some 50 officers spent three days searching for the 29-year-old who was found between two peaks. KWS said it found identification documents indicating the man was student. "The tourist was climbing down the mountain when he lost direction due to heavy snow. And we only recovered his body on Wednesday," Simon Gitau, KWS officer in...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.