Latest Mount Mahawu Stories
Lee Rannals for redOrbit.com — Your Universe Online An active Indonesian volcano erupted once again, spewing out clouds of ash and alarming residents as far as three miles away. Mount Lokon, a 5,214-feet volcano on northeast Sulawesi island, has been very active recently, and on Sunday it added another eruption to its track record. Since its biggest eruption in July 2011, when over 5,200 people were evacuated, Mount Lokon has erupted and spewed clouds of ash about 600 times....
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.