Latest Mount Ngauruhoe Stories
Lawrence LeBlond for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online After more than a century of dormancy, a New Zealand volcano has erupted a second time in four months, sending a column of ash more than a mile into the sky and forcing school children and tourists to flee from the area, according to local reports. The Mount Tongariro volcano erupted at 1:25 p.m. local time (00:25 GMT) on November 21, and spouted off for about five minutes before settling back down. While scientists said there...
Lee Rannals for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online A long-dormant New Zealand volcano erupted on Monday, spewing an ash cloud that disrupted flights and closed highways. The Mount Tongariro volcano located in the middle of the North Island erupted for the first time after lying dormant for more than a century. The last activity the volcano had shown at the site was in 1897, officials said. Witnesses in the area reported seeing "flame-like explosions and a cloud of ash coming from a...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.