Latest Mouse hepatitis virus Stories
Lawrence LeBlond for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online The deadly Middle East respiratory syndrome-coronavirus (MERS-CoV) has been largely confined to the Middle East and surrounding countries since it was first reported two years ago. In fact, prior to 2014 it has only been reported in a handful of Old World countries outside the Middle East, with relatively few cases observed in each. As of late, however, the dangerous illness has reared its ugly head in the US. The first US case...
Coronavirus, a species in the genera of animal virus, belongs to the subfamily Coronavirinae in the family Coronaviridae. They are enveloped viruses with single-stranded RNA genome and a helical symmetry. The genome size ranges from 16 to 31 kilobases. The name, meaning crown, comes from the virus envelope appearing to be crowned when viewed under an electron microscopy. These viruses mainly infect the upper respiratory system and the gastrointestinal tract of mammals and birds. There...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.