Latest Muammar al-Gaddafi Stories
Arab Spring, the name given to a cascade of revolts across the Arab world, is changing the face of internet freedom, according to Reporters Without Borders. An annual report classifies as “enemies”, countries that severely curtail freedom of expression on and access to the web, AP reports. Reporters Without Borders, which released its latest “Enemies of the Internet” list Monday, added Bahrain to its enemies list, citing a news blackout and harassment of...
Fall of Gaddafi lifts the veil on archaeological treasures Satellite imagery has uncovered new evidence of a lost civilization of the Sahara in Libya's south-western desert wastes that will help re-write the history of the country. The fall of Gaddafi has opened the way for archaeologists to explore the country's pre-Islamic heritage, so long ignored under his regime. Using satellites and air-photographs to identify the remains in one of the most inhospitable parts of the desert, a...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.