Mugger crocodile Reference Libraries
The Saltwater or Estuarine Crocodile, Crocodylus porosus, is the largest of all existing reptiles. It is found in suitable habitat throughout Southeast Asia and northern Australasia. These are known as "˜salties' in the Northern territory of Australia. They generally spend the tropical wet season in freshwater swamps and rivers, moving downstream to estuaries in the dry season, and sometimes...
The Mugger Crocodile, Crocodylus palustris, also called the Iranian, Marsh, or Persian Crocodile, is found throughout the Indian subcontinent and the surrounding countries. These countries include India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, and Iran. Mainly a freshwater species, the Mugger crocodile is found in lakes, rivers and marshes. Muggers prefer slow-moving, shallower bodies of water rather...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.