Latest Municipalities of Cape Verde Stories
By Emmanuel Braun BOA VISTA, Cape Verde (Reuters) - Loggerhead turtles flock to Cape Verde's quiet, white beaches to lay their eggs but the tranquillity that draws them may be under threat as the West African islands try to lure more sun-seekers. Environmentalists warn that plans to boost tourism on the volcanic isles off Africa's Atlantic coast do not take account of the need to protect fragile species, like the turtles who nest on the shores of Boa Vista island each year. Around...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.