Latest Municipalities of the Marshall Islands Stories
Officials said on Thursday that the Marshall Islands are pressing the U.S. for more compensation for the damage caused by nuclear tests, after France announced it would pay its own victims, the AFP reported. Throughout 1946 and 1958, the U.S. conducted 67 atomic weapons tests on the atolls of Bikini and Enewetak in the Marshall Islands. Washington has paid out more than 500 million dollars in compensation for health and other problems reported by residents of the atolls and nearby areas...
Half a century after the last earth-shattering atomic blast shook the Pacific atoll of Bikini, the corals are flourishing again. Some coral species, however, appear to be locally extinct.These are the findings of a remarkable investigation by an international team of scientists from Australia, Germany, Italy, Hawaii and the Marshall Islands. The expedition examined the diversity and abundance of marine life in the atoll. One of the most interesting aspects is that the team dived into...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.