Latest Murray Shanahan Stories
redOrbit Staff & Wire Reports - Your Universe Online Calling someone a 'bird brain' is usually intended as an insult, but researchers from Imperial College London have discovered that human and avian brains aren't so different after all. Professor Murray Shanahan of the university's Department of Computing and his colleagues have developed the first-ever map of a typical bird's brain, demonstrating how different areas are interconnected in order to process information. By...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.