Latest Nadia Zepeda Stories
By Lorraine Orlandi MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Nadia Zepeda says Mexico City police arrested and raped her in 2003, planted cocaine on her and sent her to prison in the name of a "zero tolerance" crime policy that rights groups say has run amok. Amnesty International and Mexican rights groups launched a campaign on Wednesday to free Zepeda, 20, who has been in prison for two and a half years for possession and sale of drugs in a case they condemned as arbitrary and flawed. "I still don't...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.