Latest Najd, Gaza Stories
By Tom Perry SREIFA, Lebanon (Reuters) - Mariam Najd sat on a pile of rubble, tears in her eyes, as the bulldozer dug into the bomb crater where her brother's house once stood. His body has yet to be found. It is thought to have been buried with at least five others of the same family in the debris for nearly a month. A truce which started on Monday allowed rescue workers to reach the village and begin their grim task. "Where is your brother, where has he gone?" the elderly lady...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.