Napa cabbage Reference Libraries
Brassica rapa or Turnip Mustard is grown primarily as a leaf vegetable, root vegetable and an oilseed and is often referred to as a field mustard. Napa cabbage and turnip are members of this group. Varieties of this plant are used in experiments because they are easy to grow and require little attention and reach full maturity in 40 days. Some have even been used in botany experiments in...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.