Latest NASA Astronaut Group 18 Stories
Terry W. Virts, Jr. is a Colonel in the United States Air Force and an active American astronaut. Virts was born on December 1, 1967 in Baltimore, Maryland. He attended Oakland Mills High School in Columbia, Massachusetts and graduated 1985. He enrolled in the United States Air Force Academy, where he graduated with honors in 1989, receiving his Bachelor of Science in mathematics. He then attended the Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, where he once again graduated with honors in 1997,...
Andrew Feustel is a NASA astronaut and an American Geophysicist. He was born Andrew J. (Drew) Feustel on August 25, 1965 in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, but grew up in Lake Orion, Michigan. He graduated from Lake Orion High School and subsequently received an Associate’s degree from Oakland Community College. During this time, he worked at International Autoworks as an auto mechanic. He then transferred to Purdue University, where joined the Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity and served as a...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.