Latest NASA's Aqua and Tropical Rainfall Measuring Mission Stories
NASA's Aqua and Tropical Rainfall Measuring Mission (TRMM) satellites are watching Tropical Storm Neki become extra-tropical, and TRMM data was used to create a three-dimensional image of the storm. A 3-D image was created from the TRMM Precipitation Radar (PR) instrument on the satellite. It showed Neki still had a small area where potent thunderstorms reached to heights of about 16 kilometers (~52,493 feet) early this morning, October 26. TRMM images are made at NASA's Goddard Space Flight...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.