Latest NASAs Airborne Snow Observatory mission Stories
Alan McStravick for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online In the very near future, the global issue surrounding the need for natural resources will shift from fossil fuels to fresh water. In preparation for this change of need, NASA has endeavored on a new airborne mission to create the first maps of the entire snowpack of two major mountain watersheds in California and Colorado. These western snow reserves, as they melt, provide greater than 75 percent of the total freshwater supply for the...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.