Latest Nathan Walsh Stories
redOrbit Staff & Wire Reports - Your Universe Online A new mobile app unveiled Friday during the 2013 ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing in Paris will allow users to essentially peel-back the layers of a piece of artwork and see what it looked like during the very first stages of the artist´s creative process. The smartphone and tablet computer program is called “Repentir” and was developed by Jonathan Hook of Newcastle University's Culture Lab and Jo...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.