Latest National Breast Cancer Coalition Stories
Researchers urge more patient-centered care African-American breast cancer survivors were satisfied with their cancer treatment, but most were never offered clinical trials opportunities or support services during or after their treatment, according to a study by a UC Davis Comprehensive Cancer Center researcher and her community partner, Rev. Tammie Dynse. The study, "The Unmet Needs of African-American Women with Breast Cancer," involved interviews with 137 African-American women who...
The Healthy House Institute´s (HHI´s) Cancer Assistance and Relief Effort (CARE) helps raise money for foundations involved in cancer research and support. Boise, ID (PRWEB) February 15, 2012 In a given year, the American Cancer Society estimates there will be 1.6 million new cancer cases and that approximately 572,000 people will die from the disease. But there is some light on the horizon. The American Cancer Society reports the average five-year survival rate has risen from 50...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.