Latest National Institute of Health Stories
Sports Health and Research Program a Partnership with NIH and NFL Bethesda, MD (PRWEB) April 04, 2013 The FNIH today announced that the Sports and Health Research Program (SHRP) is seeking NIH grant proposals from experts in the field to study the detection, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of sports-related brain injuries. The SHRP -- sponsored by the NFL in collaboration with the NIH and announced last September — is conducting research focused on the long-term health effect of...
April Flowers for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online A new study sponsored by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) reveals that by seventh grade, students who failed to acquire basic math skills in the first grade scored far behind their peers when taking a test on basic mathematical abilities that are required for daily adult life. The relevant basic math skill is known as ℠number system knowledge,´ which is defined as the ability to relate a quantity to the numerical...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.