Latest National parks of Zimbabwe Stories
By Mateus Chale MAPUTO (Reuters) - U.S. Internet mogul Greg Carr has committed up to $40 million of his own cash to help rebuild a game park in Mozambique which he hopes to restock with animals from elsewhere in Africa. Carr, former chairman of Prodigy Internet and Boston Technology, told Reuters on Friday he wanted Gorongosa National Park in central Mozambique to recapture its place as a leading eco-tourism destination in southern Africa. The park, which lies at the southern end of...
HARARE (Reuters) - Zimbabwe's wildlife authority has moved more than 200 endangered black rhinos from a farm near its western border with Botswana to prevent poaching, a local daily reported on Wednesday. Zimbabwe is home to some of Africa's largest game reserves, but local conservationists say many species are at risk from rampant poaching by people struggling with hunger and rising poverty. Cross-border trophy hunters are also taking a toll. The official Herald newspaper said...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.