Quantcast

Latest National School Lunch Act Stories

2011-03-05 23:01:00

WASHINGTON, March 6, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Following is the daily "Profile America" feature from the U.S. Census Bureau: (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20090226/CENSUSLOGO) SUNDAY, MARCH 6: BREAKFAST AT SCHOOL Profile America -- Sunday, March 6th. It's been known for many years that children learn better if they aren't hungry. That's the guiding principle behind National School Breakfast Week, which starts tomorrow. Many nutritional experts believe that breakfast...

2011-01-16 00:23:37

Nu-Tek Salt offers solutions to food processors who need to reduce sodium in their food product due to the proposal by the USDA. This proposal will dramatically change the school lunch nutritional standards for sodium over the next 10 years. Hopkins, MN (PRWEB) January 14, 2011 -Nu- Tek Salt has innovative solutions to reduced sodium content for processors for the School lunch program. They have a patent pending technology that can help the food processor reduce sodium levels for school...

2010-12-09 18:37:53

Safety standards need to incorporate more sound science, analysis A new National Research Council report finds no scientific basis that more stringent testing of meat purchased through the government's ground beef purchase program and distributed to various federal food and nutrition programs -- including the National School Lunch Program -- would lead to safer meat. The U.S. Department of Agriculture's Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS) buys ground beef from suppliers who must meet...

2010-12-03 09:49:00

BRIDGEWATER, N.J., Dec. 3, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- "Congress showed that the more than 31 million children who count on the national school lunch program are a top priority," said Linda Boardman, president of Applegate, the leading producer of natural and organic meats and cheeses. "Applegate has spent the last year working on a local level to educate Americans about the successes of the school lunch program and how different groups coming together can make positive change for our kids'...

f259ddc12551f4006bea9dbfa871f26a
2010-12-03 09:35:00

On Thursday, the House of Representatives approved legislation that will expand the nation's school lunch program while making meals healthier, various media outlets are reporting. According to the AFP, "The bill pledges 4.5 billion dollars over 10 years to child nutrition programs, increases the reimbursement paid to schools by the federal government for free meals provided to children, and expands access to school lunches and after-school meals." "It also allows the US Department of...

e5e12df2490b700e804aee2bed5895841
2010-11-24 05:35:00

School lunch programs could help reverse the negative effects of food scarcity on the academic performance of teens, according to a new study published Monday. The researchers said the government food-assistance programs could help break the cycle of poverty in which poor children go hungry, receive poor grades, don't advance to college and fail to escape their socioeconomic status, which results in their children repeating the cycle. "Food insecurity is more problematic in the long term if...

118695aba1268e4518135824e9a535431
2010-11-16 09:30:00

More than 17 million households in the United States didn't have enough money to provide food to all of family members for at least some of 2009, according to the results of a Department of Agriculture study. The study, which was conducted by USDA researchers Mark Nord, Alisha Coleman-Jensen, Margaret Andrews, and Steven Carlson, found that 85.3 percent of American households had enough income and other resources to fully provide for all members of the family. The remaining 14.7 percent had...

2010-11-12 10:20:00

BUFFALO, N.Y., Nov. 12, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Today the got breakfast? Foundation presented its first-ever "Silent Hero Performance Award" to Buffalo Public Schools in New York in recognition of their achievement in implementing a successful Breakfast in the Classroom program. In addition, the Foundation also presented them with a grant for $5,000. (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20091006/CG88097LOGO) (Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20091006/CG88097LOGO) The award was...


Word of the Day
monteith
  • A large punch-bowl of the eighteenth century, usually of silver and with a movable rim, and decorated with flutings and a scalloped edge. It was also used for cooling and carrying wine-glasses.
  • A kind of cotton handkerchief having white spots on a colored ground, the spots being produced by a chemical which discharges the color.
This word is possibly named after Monteith (Monteigh), 'an eccentric 17th-century Scotsman who wore a cloak scalloped at the hem.'
Related