Latest Nature Conservancy Stories
Coastal habitats provide cost effective solutions for hazard mitigation and coral reefs may provide risk reduction benefits to 200 million people around the world Arlington, VA (PRWEB) October 11, 2012 Today in Brussels, Belgium, the German Alliance for Development Works (Alliance), United Nations University Institute for Environment and Human Security (UNU-EHS) and The Nature Conservancy presented the World Risk Report 2012, which shows how environmental degradation reduces the capacity of...
redOrbit Staff & Wire Reports - Your Universe Online An artificial cave, designed to help protect bats from a fungal ailment that to date has killed more than six million of the creatures throughout North America, has been constructed by conservationists in the woods of Tennessee, according to various media outlets published Friday. The project, which Randall Dickerson of the Associated Press (AP) reports cost an estimated $300,000 and was built by The Nature Conservancy, is...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.