Latest Nelumbo Stories
Many health benefits have long been attributed to the sacred lotus leaf of the Far East. However, recent medical studies have confirmed how this natural plant has outstanding weight loss attributes as well. A recent article posted on health and wellness portal BeWellBuzz.com supported by empirical research studies explains several of the positive attributes of this plant of the lotus family. Las Vegas, Nevada (PRWEB) March 12, 2012 Many health benefits have long been attributed to the...
Waterlilies (Nymphaeaceae) belong to the Order Nymphaeales. They are tuberous plants that are rooted in soil in bodies of water, with leaves and flowers floating on the water surface. The leaves are round, with a radial notch in Nymphaea and Nuphar, but fully circular in Victoria. Modern genetic tests of the flowering plants by the Angiosperm Phylogeny Group have shown that the water-lilies are among the most primitive of the flowering plants. The white water-lily is the national flower...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.