Latest Neretva Stories
Balkan States Consider Sterile Insect Technique Against Mediterranean Fruit Fly Fruit farmers in Southern Europe have been struggling for decades in a losing battle against the Mediterranean fruit fly, or Medfly, which is one of the world's most destructive farm pests, since it lays its eggs in fruit and vegetables. The female can produce up to 800 offspring per season. The larvae or worms feed on the pulp of fruits, tunneling through it, and reducing the fruit to an inedible mush. The...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.