Nettles in folklore Reference Libraries
The Black Sea nettle (Chrysaora achlyos) or sometimes known as the Black jellyfish is known for its dark coloration. This species of jellyfish is found in the Pacific Ocean. There have been reports or sighting of the black jellyfish as for north as British Columbia but its range is mostly thought to be from the north in Monterey Bay, to the southern shores of Baja California and Mexico. The...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.