Latest Neutral Buoyancy Space Simulator Stories
NASA has awarded a contract to Raytheon Technical Services Co. of Webster, Texas, to operate, maintain and provide sustaining engineering at the Johnson Space Center's Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory and Space Vehicle Mockup Facility in Houston. The contract has a maximum value of $119.9 million. The Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory, or NBL, includes a large pool where astronauts use pressurized spacesuits to train for spacewalks. The NBL, which has underwater mockups of the space shuttle and...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.