Latest New Journal of Chemistry Stories
A biomimetic antenna for gathering sunlight may one day transform solar-powered devices. Sometimes when people talk about solar energy, they tacitly assume that we´re stuck with some version of the silicon solar cell and its technical and cost limitations. Not so. The invention of the solar cell, in 1941, was inspired by a newfound understanding of semiconductors, materials that can use light energy to create mobile electrons–and ultimately an electrical current....
Energy & Environmental Science is a peer-reviewed scientific journal published monthly by the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC). The journal publishes original research and review articles, and publishes work of an interdisciplinary nature in the biochemical and biophysical sciences and chemical engineering disciplines. The following types of articles are published in the journal: Research Papers, Review Articles, Perspectives and Mini-reviews, Communications), Opinions and Analysis...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.