Latest New Theatre Stories
1. Deep Cut Private Cheryl James from Llangollen was one of four young soldiers who died from gunshot wounds at Deep cut Barracks. This play, which won awards at Edinburgh's Festival Fringe, is a bold and compelling account of her family's harrowing journey. where? Sherman Theatre, Cardiff when? From Tuesday tickets? From pounds 10. Call 029 2064 6900 2. Fiddler on the Roof Packed with some best-loved songs, the musical became one of the longest running productions on Broadway, winning...
A quartet of plays from the 1960s starts tonight at the New Theatre, Last year, the Creative Cow company had a big success with Peter Shaffer's one-act plays, The Private Ear and The Public Eye, and this spring with Harold Pinter's comedy The Lover. These three classics will be performed in repertory with a new production of the comedy The Knack, by local writer Ann Jellicoe, which was a big hit at London's Royal Court Theatre in 1962 and later an award-winning film with Michael Crawford...
- Like a worm in form or movement; vermiform; tortuous or sinuous; also, writhing or wriggling.
- Like the track or trace of a worm; appearing as if worm-eaten; vermiculate.
- Marked with fine, close-set, wavy or tortuous lines of color; vermiculated.
- A form of rusticated masonry which is so wrought as to appear thickly indented with worm-tracks.