Latest Newcastle, Ontario Stories
By KAY WILSON SCHOOLCHILDREN aged from seven to 16 are being encouraged to take photos of science and nature in the North East in a Newcastle Science City photography competition. The competition aims to make students think about the science in the photograph they have taken and briefly describe it, to win a first class digital camera and a trip for their whole class to Centre for Life's Lifelab. There are two of these prizes: one for Key Stages 1 and 2 and one for Key Stages 2 and 3...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.